ipod knackered??

JonnyTub 22:36 12 Oct 04

just received my mini ipod today, all seemed to to go well when installing except that when i update or transfer songs to the actual ipod it all goes well and then kaput, by kaput i mean the transfer process goes well, but upon unplugging and then trying to switch on there is a symbol of a file with an exclamation mark next to it and then it switches off, any clues??

xp pro sp2

JonnyTub 23:07 12 Oct 04

no ipod mini users????

vinnyT 11:28 13 Oct 04

try searching/asking onthe ipod forum at
click here

here is the ipod/ipod mini support page
click here

you may get a better response from these page as they are dedicated to the ipod family.

Hope this helps.

Basic stuff but you do wait until it says you can disconnect ?
Have you tried resetting the ipod ?

JonnyTub 12:23 13 Oct 04

Hi guys, sorry for the delaay, it's sorted, for some reason unknown to me the ipod had become corrupted during install and windows formatted the drive ( a big no no apparently), i know i followed instruction to the letter so god know's where it went wrong. Anyhow a hard reset (firmware and software) sorted it, and my wife can't hear the names she's being called :-)

Thanks

JT

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…