ipod to itunes transfer

Ferrari-Fan 22:44 19 Dec 10

When my laptop died, I realised that I didnt have a backup of my itunes library.

I now have a new laptop and have downloaded a copy of itunes which is empty.

Is it possible to reverse sync the content from my ipod into the empty library without access to the original itunes library?

any information I have found (including searching on here) relates to doing it, but with access to the original computer which the ipod was synchronised to.

Non of the content on my ipod has been purchased from the itunes store, but copied from CD. I could populate the new itunes by copying them all in again, but this would be time consuming.

timsmith259 22:52 19 Dec 10

try copy and paste to my computer music and then try copying from computer to the ipod

mole44 05:50 20 Dec 10

for your future reference i have a dongle called "Clickfree" for £30 from Amazon it plugs into an external drive and backs up music/pictures etc,look it up on Amazon.I have almost 35 thousand tracks (All legal i might add)to loose these for would be a disaster.It`s easy to use you just plug it into a USB port and it does it`s stuff.as for ipod to pc Google it i`m sure there are free programs that,also try cnet downloads.com there`s loads to choose from type in "ipod to pc".

bremner 07:35 20 Dec 10

Plenty to choose from click here

gengiscant 09:52 20 Dec 10

Try this click here very straight forward to use.

brambles 16:14 22 Dec 10

click here
Hope this helps
Brambles

brambles 16:18 22 Dec 10

click here

Brambles

john bunyan 17:25 22 Dec 10

1. In i tunes, without iPod connected, click "Edit", "Preferences", "Devices". Then check the box : "Do not auto synch i Pods etc".
That way your i Pod will not synch an empty library. Then follow brambles link to download from iPod. Come back for further info.
I keep this box permanently ticked as I have two libraries and several iPod users, each of whom "tells" i Tunes which playlists etc to synch for each iPod.
Then (obviously) make a back up on an external HD!!

timsmith259
Are you guessing, or have you done this?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5