iPod and iTunes

Bingalau 23:42 23 Sep 05

Do you have to use an "iPod" to make use of iTunes or can you use another brand/make such as a "Sony"? ..Bingalau..

Bingalau 18:37 25 Sep 05

Anyone there to answer this one please? Bingalau

GaT7 18:56 25 Sep 05

This may be a difficult one to answer - that's why you haven't received an answer yet.

Sony & the other makes come with their own software so iTunes isn't really needed. If on the other hand you find the former below-standard & you'd rather use iTunes, I've no idea if there'll be compatible, unless someone has tried it with their particular player & knows for sure. G

Bingalau 19:07 25 Sep 05

Crossbow7 That is what I was wondering. I am used to iTunes on my computer and use it a lot for transferring tunes from my CD collection to re-arange them as required; record for use in the car and to give to various relatives (Hope that's legal?) However my daughter has bought a cheaper non iPod model and is, like me wondering if it will download from iTunes Bingalau

GaT7 19:15 25 Sep 05

Oh, I see - you've already bought the non-iPod - I thought you were contemplating getting one.

Have you actually tried it with iTunes then? G

Bingalau 19:43 25 Sep 05

Crossbow7 No I haven't got one but my daughter has informed me by phone, that she has bought one for her daughter (complicated ?) As she lives a few miles away, we have not yet had a chance to try it and I am always wary of trying these things without prior knowledge. I'm a devout coward! bingalau

kenamb 21:15 25 Sep 05

Hi ,
I have a normal mp3 player and that transfers ok ,
just drag and drop
Ken

Bingalau 22:26 25 Sep 05

kenamb !

Bingalau 22:30 25 Sep 05

kenamb ! Thanks for that, I will inform all concerned that a normal mp3 player is good enough. Just out of curiosity what make is your "normal" one? I don't know what make the one my daughter has bought is. I do know it will not be an expensive iPod. Bingalau..

seeky 22:53 25 Sep 05

I use an iPod because the battery lasts very long (18 hours) and because iTunes is an easy to use software! seeky.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…