iPod help needed again

tonyx1302 14:32 16 Sep 05

I have used Musicmatch (not always very successfully) in the past to transfer cd's to my iPod so I thought I would try iTunes and have just downloaded v5. I now have imported 12 cd's ready to transfer to the pod via iTunes.

My concern is that after reading previous posts regarding iTunes, does v5 delete everything thats already on my pod before transferring my new library. If so would I be better off downloading v4.8 or does that delete existing material as well?

I new I should have stuck to the Walkman !!!!!!!!

Tony

tonyx1302 15:27 16 Sep 05

Any thoughts would be gratefully received.

Tony

De Marcus™ 15:36 16 Sep 05

V5 Doesn't delete the music from the ipod, but it won't allow you to copy from it and import back into itunes, it will however display the songs, folders, etc when plugged in. If you need to copy your songs back to pc you can use ipod agent, try google.

tonyx1302 15:40 16 Sep 05

Thanks once again for your help. I can now go ahead and transfer my library over.

Tony

De Marcus™ 15:42 16 Sep 05

Just in case your feeling cautious, hold down ctrl and shift when plugging the ipod in to stop auto syncing.

Ivor_Monkey 17:38 16 Sep 05

Also depends if you have update only ticked files etc.

itunes (regardless of version) is very good, but it is so easy to clear ipod contents within a nano sec, which means you spend hours reloading from the library again. IN that sense it can be unforgiving. From memory, just check ipod options and updating.

Kate B 18:05 16 Sep 05

You could always just import your entire music library into iTunes and then use you've got everything in one place and it will sync neatly with the iPod.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…