ipod help

  russ-rich 12:00 26 Dec 04

I got a new ipod for Christmas but my parents got it from the US and the power adapter has US pins.
The part holding the pins slides out - can a UK 'pin part' be purchased (where?)or do I have to buy a UK power adapter?

  Salinger 12:04 26 Dec 04

Think you will need a 220v/110 transformer if you don't want to fry it

  sicknote 12:22 26 Dec 04

click here

Product number RS59P

  sicknote 12:31 26 Dec 04

click here

product code RP90X

  bremner 12:45 26 Dec 04

I do not think you need any of the above suggestions - all you need is the UK pin part as you say.

I have taken this from the Apple site

Power adapter
6-pin FireWire connector
AC input: 100V to 240V at 0.4 amp maximum
Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
DC output: 12V at 1 amp maximum

As you can see this copes with both US and UK power supplies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant