Ipod erased but shows most of capacity taken up.

fadviser 00:05 07 Aug 08

Hello and help. My ipod didn't sync with itunes and after diconnecting all my music and podcasts were erased. (Photos were intact) The ipod settings show only 2.8gb available and 27.8gb being used, but nothing there. Strange

^wave^ 08:36 07 Aug 08

have you tried a reset

fadviser 16:37 07 Aug 08

Thanks, I've tried a reset but nothing's changed. The ipod turns on OK but is blank and I can transfer material from itunes.
Because it didn't sync there was nothing I could click on on screen to disconnect, so I unplugged (I've done this previously without trouble), maybe that's the cause. Maybe paying for some recovery software is the answer.

^wave^ 17:02 07 Aug 08

as far as i know you can use itunes to restore the ipod to factory settings you loose everything but then you have to sync it again and all should be ok

fadviser 18:12 07 Aug 08

I have nothing to lose so I will try a restore. I didn't realise thought that syncing again will bring back the lost files. Thanks for your advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…