iPod connection

Scubaman 13:38 04 Oct 10

I have recently installed a new HDD and all relevant software, phew!! I installed iTunes 10 not probs there, but when I connect my iPod to the computer it goes into a loop, 'Connected' eject before disconnect. 'Ejecting' you may now disconnect. I have un-installed all apple software, rebooted, downloaded and re-installed, re-booted, and still the same. I have connected the iPod to my laptop and everything is fine.
I am running XP Home SP3 with IE8 on both machines. Am I right in thinking that iTunes is very user UN-friendly?

Chris the Ancient 14:05 04 Oct 10

Yup! iTunes can be user unfriendly (to me, anyway).

I don't have an iPod, but I do have an iPhone and had very similar sounding problems to yours following an involuntary reload of iTunes..

In the end, I only got round it by doing a reset on the iPhone (whilst disconnected) and then plugging it in. Eventually, I then managed to do a full reset on the iPhone from iTunes and started a rebuild of the phone from there.

BTW ITunes will only permit you to synchronise your IPod with ONE computer.

Scubaman 17:58 04 Oct 10

Problem solved, I connected my iPod direct to the USB connection on the MOBO. All I needto do now is to find out how to transfer my 'non purchased' music from the iPod to the PC?

onthelimit 18:03 04 Oct 10

Some ideas click here

Scubaman 19:33 04 Oct 10

All sorted, thanks onthelimit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now