Ipod Classic will not sync on PC

alfredgerald 11:35 18 Jul 14

Ipod Classic will not sync on PC running Windows XP service pack 3. Had it checked at Apple store and its working OK. Get it home and plug in. It attempts to sync but just continues for hours on end. Have to kill it eventually. Any thoughts?

Woolwell 16:23 18 Jul 14

Are you syncing with iTunes? Does this help? Apple support

Woolwell 16:23 18 Jul 14

Are you syncing with iTunes? Does this help? Apple support

alfredgerald 13:25 19 Jul 14

Syncing with iTunes. Tried everything on Apple web site. No luck. Any other thoughts?

john bunyan 13:30 19 Jul 14

Worth trying a hard reset.

Reset iPod Classic

alfredgerald 14:22 20 Jul 14

Have narrowed this problem down. I am able to sync the ipod using Windows 7 on my daughter’s laptop. But it still won’t work on my computer. Its either Windows XP or my PC??

Woolwell 16:39 20 Jul 14

Which version of iTunes do you have on the XP system?

Does it actually appear in iTunes but not then sync?

alfredgerald 10:41 21 Jul 14

Have downloaded the latest iTunes. The iPod shows in the side bar but will not sync. Tells me there is a corrupt disc and need to restore. Starts to restore then stops with error 1439. Have followed the help instructions but still won’t sync. Put it in to Daughters computer running Windows 7 and it syncs perfectly??

Woolwell 11:42 21 Jul 14

A restore of an iPod will put it back to factory condition and wipe existing files.

I think that you may have USB problem. Have you tried different ports? You may need to update your USB drivers.

alfredgerald 14:13 21 Jul 14

Reinstalled Version 10 of iTunes. Still no joy. Had a long on line discussion with Apple Technical. They think it’s a Microsoft problem but as you know Microsoft don’t want anything to do with XP. Looks as if i'm stuffed! They have advised me to try and get my money back from the store. Fat chance!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now