Ipod In A Car.....

geezer13 09:24 31 Aug 03

I am about to take delivery (11 Sept) of a new Renault Clio and I would like to put my Ipod into it.

The model of Ipod I have uses a standard earphone out and you can get one of those cassette adaptors from argos but the stereo I have is a CD player so that is kinda ruled out. What I really need to know is if my renault car stereo has an "aux" input so I can get an adaptor from headphone out to whatever the stereo has on the back of it. When you buy the car you get the option to install a 6 cd changer so there is obviously some kind of aux input to the stereo but will an Ipod fit?.

I would have a look at it but I dont receieve the car until 11th Sept.

Is there anyone out there who has fitted an Ipod to a car in this way? I would love to hear from you!

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:16 31 Aug 03

There should be at least one AUX on the rear of the CD box. However I found a pic by pic guide to mounting an Ipod in teh car..click here

click here is a brilliant gadget for using an Ipod with your FM radio...I suspect that plod on wheels will have a fit if you use it in the UK;-))

click here more how to pics.

click here has loads of info. Any half decent car sound installation company will be able to set it up for you.

geezer13 12:29 31 Aug 03

Thanks Gandalf, much appreciated mate!!

Elvenator 16:28 07 Mar 05

Can anyone recommend a good fm transmitter for my new mini ipod? I want to use it in my car and through home stereo mainly. I've looked on Ebay and there are several kicking about, but I have no idea which one is the best!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…