Ipod

:: James :: 17:50 29 Feb 08

Last night after a few issues with my computer, i had to re-install windows and lost data on my C: drive. I had to re-install itunes and was wondering is there anyway i can transfer all the songs on my ipod back over to the library because all it wants to do it 'erase and sync' on this new library which has nothing on it, which would mean i'd lose all my tracks...

john bunyan 18:14 29 Feb 08

Your iPod is also an external hard drive. If you plug it in but do not launch iTunes. Go to "my Computer" and you should see the iPod as a drive. Then the files are usually under "Music" and FOO, FO1 and FO2 You should be able to copy them to a folder (make one first).Detach the iPod. Open iTunes then in the music bit go to File, "import folder" and then search for and import the folder where you put the imported iTunes. I think you can stop the auto synch by holding down shift control as you plug in the i Pod. May be worth reading up on the iPod help forums.There may be an issue that your i Pod thinks your reinstall is a new computer. Lesson : back up music etc on DVDs or other external media!

john bunyan 18:15 29 Feb 08

Your iPod is also an external hard drive. If you plug it in but do not launch iTunes. Go to "my Computer" and you should see the iPod as a drive. Then the files are usually under "Music" and FOO, FO1 and FO2 You should be able to copy them to a folder (make one first).Detach the iPod. Open iTunes then in the music bit go to File, "import folder" and then search for and import the folder where you put the imported iTunes. I think you can stop the auto synch by holding down shift control as you plug in the i Pod. May be worth reading up on the iPod help forums.There may be an issue that your i Pod thinks your reinstall is a new computer. Lesson : back up music etc on DVDs or other external media!

john bunyan 18:17 29 Feb 08

sorry for duplicate post !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5