iPlayer question re screen size.

onthelimit1 23 May 12
Answered

I've used the BBC and ITV versions on my PC for a while - thought I'd try linking Samsung netbook to the main 32in LCD TV using VGA ( the only connection the Sammy has).

The normal desktop fills the screen, but when I play a TV prog on iPlayer on full screen, there is a wide black band top and bottom, making the picture look wide and thin. I've played around with the Samsung's resolution to no avail. Is it 'just the way it is', or is there anything I can do, please.

lotvic 23 May 12

Found this that seems to suggest it is the screen resolution, but don't know how you would apply that to the tv screen.

Woolwell 23 May 12

Have you tried the TV's settings whilst watching iPlayer?

onthelimit1 24 May 12

Thanks both - the Evesham TV manual states that PC resolution has to be changed to adjust screen view - the usual 'wide' etc is inhibited in PC mode. I've tried modifying the Laptop resolution, but the screen just says 'unknown format. Think I'm stuck with it!

rdave13 24 May 12

Have a look at this thread.

onthelimit1 24 May 12
Answer

Thanks rdave - tried various suggestions, but still the same , so will accept it for now.

Woolwell 24 May 12

Just a thought are you running the TV as a clone of the desktop or as an extended desktop?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message