iPhone screen question

Dalglish2 12:27 07 May 10

Hi
I have an iPhone 3gs three
onths old and whilst I am very happy with it, I have noticed a number of White dots on the screen which are present whether the phone is on or off. It has the appearnce of dust buy look more like pixels illuminating. Has anyone any experience of this? Thanks

mgmcc 12:55 07 May 10

Silly question but you don't still have a protective film covering the screen? These can have trapped air bubbles under them which show as small white dots.

Stuck pixels wouldn't normally show when the screen is off.

gazzaho 13:04 07 May 10

I can't say for sure as I've never had the same problem on an ipod or such screen, but dead pixels do happen on LCD televisions so I guess they could also occur on an iPhone or iPod.

One thing that may be worth trying is to massage the area of screen lightly with a rubber pencil eraser as I've read that some LCD pixels can become stuck and massaging the area can sometimes bring them back to life.

I myself would return the phone to the supplier and demand a replacement as it's so new, it does sound like a dead pixel problem to me.

This link shows other people have had iPhone dead pixel problems too (click here)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…