Iphone headphones (with attached mic) doesnt read on my pc?

madtail 16:22 19 Apr 15

Hey, I've just got a new pc and as ive tried to plug my headphones in (with attached mic), the mic doesnt seem to be working, on my old laptop I plugged my headphones in and the mic was read with it so i could use it for anything, is there any way I could do this with my new pc?

Ive attempted putting the headphones in the mic slot as well as audio slot and nothing seems to be coming up, I can use the headphone buds as a mic but it's terrible and I would like to use the official mic thats integrated with the headphones

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:42 19 Apr 15

Iphone headphones tend to be wired differently from normal headphones this may be causing your problem.

wee eddie 18:30 19 Apr 15

The Mac Jack is different to the standard Jack Plug.

wee eddie 20:45 19 Apr 15

I see I'll have to explain. First, apologies. I see that you did not mention a Mac.

If your headset has a single Jack Plug, it has been designed to work with a single socket that carries both headset and mic. Your PC may have a socket for each. A visit to eBay will procure you a 2-1 Converter. Such single socket arrangements are most common on Laptops

bumpkin 20:54 19 Apr 15

You can't put Iphone headphones/mic into PC without an adaptor.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…