IPHLPAPI.DLL

Gingermum 09:09 07 Jul 04

After installing Norton Internet Security 2004, at bootup I sometimes get the message "IPHLPAPI.DLL file cannot start. Check the file to determine the problem."
I notice from Google that lots of people are having the same problem and there is a fix on MS 823256, but this relates to installing MS broadband hardware, which I don't have. I have broadband and use an Asus ADSL modem. I'm running ME on a laptop.
However, if I continue everything seems fine. What is this file for? If I continue am I causing any damage? My laptop was becoming so flakey I decided to do a format, restore and reinstall my data files. Still getting the same error but it's not as flakey - yet.

Old Shep 09:35 07 Jul 04

Did you find this click here seems to fix it?

Gingermum 12:56 07 Jul 04

Thanks for the fix but I would still like to know what this file is for and if I continue am I causing any damage?

Old Shep 14:22 07 Jul 04

This is what it is but don't ask me what it means lol click here;en-us;279866

SANTOS7 14:26 07 Jul 04

iphlpapi - iphlpapi.dll - DLL Information
DLL File: iphlpapi or iphlpapi.dll
DLL Name: IP Helper API
Description: File that contains the functions used by the Windows IP Helper API.
Part Of: Windows
System DLL: Yes
Common Errors: File Not Found, Missing File, Exception Errors

Gingermum 15:33 07 Jul 04

Well, I couldn't explain it to someone else, but I'm a bit wiser!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…