ipconfig/all lease expires ?

woofwoofbark 22:50 18 Mar 06

Windows XP Home
Trust Speedlink 445A modem/router

Hi , I have recently bought a router with built in modem and have connected to the comp through ethernet cable .... Im online and everything is fine ....except.... when I use dcplusplus ( file share program ) with a dynamic client updater , DynDNS Updater , my downloads/uploads are thrown offline , I was checking the net for solutions and found a thread to check my ipconfig through start>run>cmd then ipconfig/all I have noticed that there is a lease start & end i.e.:-

Lease obtianed 18th March 2006 22:29:23
Lease expires 18th March 2006 22:29:23

it seems that rebooting the comp and the dynamic apdater seems to give me another 24 hours when the elapsed 24 hours have expired .... I have tried to add manually an IP addy through control panel>network connections>LAN properties>internet protocol properties where i add an IP and also fill the subnet mask and defualt gateway ( founf these through command prompt ipconfig ..... when i manually add the ip and save I can connect to the net no problems but i cant use dcplusplus (people can download from me but I cant download from them , i get connection timeout ) plus my DynDNS updater doesnt update my IP even if I force update ....

basicly what does lease obtained and lease expires all about ??? and is there a way to fix it ??

hope someone can help

many thanks

beemerman

woofwoofbark 22:57 18 Mar 06

Lease obtianed 18th March 2006 22:29:23
Lease expires 19th March 2006 22:29:23

mgmcc 08:42 19 Mar 06

The DHCP server allocates addresses with a lease that expires after a period of time. In practice the lease will be renewed before it expires and you won't be aware of anything. Forget about it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…