IPconfig question?

Lord_Anubis 22:21 16 Mar 03

Hi
I recently discovered a new entry in ipconfig, three entries detail a 'tunnel adapter', does anyone know what a tunnel adapter is.
Take the following into consideration
my comp is on a university network, which is in turn served by JANET (i think thats some kind of academic ISP that serves alot of the uni's around this area) and my network card still shows up in ip config seperately. As you might have quesed i have no idea what i'm talking about but you should have all the infom needed.

BBez 22:28 16 Mar 03

it's for bypassing the college/uni network proxy server that stops IRC etc by blocking ports. click here 4 more info.

Lord_Anubis 22:33 16 Mar 03

Thanks...
would this cause probs with other apps. like for example could it lead to kazaa using a higher proportion system resource, or would it prevent the network from recognising my computer as one than belongs to that network.

Thanks anyway :)

BBez 22:34 16 Mar 03
  BBez 22:40 16 Mar 03

some of the Kaaza 3rd party utils are "hacked" versions and contain lots of bugs such as memory leaks etc...(at best)... it could be a file you've downloaded contains a server (trojan) and is using extra resources when your running Kaaza, especially if your tunneling Kaaza (no f/w or a/v running)...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…