ipconfig not working

ΜΔRΙU$ 16:05 13 May 03

i need to get my static ip address but when i type ip config the screen comes and then goes at once before i can see it? any ideas

i use win xp pro

Hotfingers 16:08 13 May 03

I am a little un-clear on this. Have you gone into the command prompt and typed
ip config using the command prompt?.
This should display the address on the DOS
background and not dissapear.

ΜΔRΙU$ 16:14 13 May 03

yes i did start run ipconfig and the dos background came up for 1 second and then went

Hotfingers 16:20 13 May 03

Interesting. I have no idea, but I am sure someone
will....

ΜΔRΙU$ 16:22 13 May 03

its ok i have sorted it thanks

recap 16:23 13 May 03

ÌÄRÉU$, the way you are doing it the DOS backgroung will disappear. When you open Run from the Start button you need to type in Command for get the command window to stay open, then you type in ipconfig or ipconfig /all

AndySD 16:24 13 May 03

Go Start/All Programs/Accessories and choose Command Prompt. Type in

ipconfig /all

and hit Enter (thats ipconfig(space)/all)

Lozzy 16:24 13 May 03

In XP Pro click on all Prog>>Accessories>>Command Prompt then in the dos screen type ipconfig /all (note the space between the G and /) then hit enter

Lozzy 16:25 13 May 03

Snap

Sam Witch 21:11 23 May 03

I was looking for similar and wrote a small batch file in notepad as Xp does not pause the box when started from the run menu.

@ECHO OFF

C:\windows\system32\IPCONFIG.EXE /all

PAUSE

save it as showip.bat either on the desktop or in my documents, click on it, then up pops the DOS window with, a press any key to continue after it shows all your IP details. Window then closes on the key-press.

Sam

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…