ipconfig /flushdns

birdface 13:21 09 Jun 09

Hi just recently I have had to go into Command Prompt to run the above program.
The pages get a bit slow to open,and maybe computer a bit sluggish. I was just wondering if there were any way of clearing the DNS cache daily without having to go to command promt.

InTheCity 13:30 09 Jun 09

click here help

InTheCity 13:54 09 Jun 09

or a bat file eg
click here

brundle 14:28 09 Jun 09

Are you pinging sites by domain name and then IP address and finding that the domain name ping fails? The cache is there for a reason - it's supposed to speed up DNS resolution, if you need to clear it daily something else is up with your PC - try different DNS server addresses and/or remove and re-install your firewall. You could try OpenDNS but it appears to slow Google searches; click here

birdface 14:30 09 Jun 09

Many thanks.I could not get your first one to work for some reason.But your second one works Ok.

Will now class as resolved.

birdface 14:39 09 Jun 09

No I don't need to clean it daily but probably every 2 or 3 or 4 weeks it does help when cleared.
Just being lazy I suppose.
I have had a look at OpenDNS with your link.But if it slows down browsing I will give it a miss just now as I am trying to speed things up a bit.But will keep it in mind for the future.
Many Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple