Ipaq wont connect to wireless network

rjennings6 16:55 06 Mar 07

I have an I-PAQ H5550. It wont connect to my wireless internet at home. i have a belkin router. a friend of mine has one just like mine and his will connect to his just fine.

bennyhillslovechild 17:16 06 Mar 07

You don't really give enough details. Will your IPAQ connect to a different network? Will it connect to your friend's network? Or can your friend connect to yours? - That will narrow down the problem to your network and not the IPAQ or vice versa.
Can the IPAQ 'see' your network but not connect? In which case in could be an authentication issue. Try turning off your WEP/WPA security briefly to see if it connects then.
If it can't see your network at all, do you have your SSID broadcast disabled - you can check this in your router settings.

Hope these suggestions help a bit = if you have any further details, I'm sure someone here will be able to help.

rjennings6 17:27 06 Mar 07

Sorry for the lack of information. according to the pda it sees my network and it says that it is connected but when ever you try to go to a website it says that the page cannot be found. my friend lives in a different city than me so we cant connect to eachothers networks.

scotty 17:41 06 Mar 07

I found this article helpful when setting up the wireless connection on a PDA:
click here

bennyhillslovechild 17:45 06 Mar 07

Seems likes it's a bit of a common problem - there's a thread on it click here
that offers a number of solutions, plus a recommendation to get the latest firmware (don't forget to back up!) = hopefully this will help a bit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…