Ipaq H5450 speaker to quiet - Need an ext option !

boot-it-out 00:33 11 Jun 03

The built in speaker on my HP Ipaq H5450 is just too quiet and is a "known" problem - I want to use it for in car Sat Nav ( with Navman 3450 ) but can't hear the voice prompts ! Does anyone know of a suitable external loudspeaker solution that can be plugged into the loudspeaker / microphone socket either with or without amplifier etc ?

Many thanks.

hugh-265156 00:39 11 Jun 03

try battery powered speakers for cd walkmans

they will just plug into the headphone socket.

£10 or so

anchor 15:37 11 Jun 03

Strange; I have the iPaq 3950, with the "Tom-Tom 2" GPS navigator, and can hear the voice prompts clearly.

boot-it-out 20:32 11 Jun 03

anchor :

I don't "know" the ipaq 3950 but apparantly the physical size of the built in loudspeaker on my 5450 is smaller than the earlier model 3950 and has been designed that way to accomodate a slot to accept an SD memory card, which is inserted from the top and sits behind the speaker, and this is why the speaker is quieter than earlier versions.

huggyg71 :

Thanks for that - I'll be looking around the shops for somethin gsuitable - just wondered if there was a specific piece of kit that had been purpose made for the job, maybe getting it's power from the 12 volt car supply ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…