iPaq cannot connect to PC thanks to cat

Another Jo 16:38 21 Jan 05

I was restoring my iPaq after the battery went dead and lost everything. When the restore was almost complete (c. 98%), the cat jumped either on the iPaq or the keyboard or both and cancelled the restore.

The iPaq looks normal with the data and settings & applications it had before. However, when booting it I get a message saying that FSKloader.exe or one of its components is missing. I then cannot get the PC to find it, so I cannot synchronise the iPaq anymore which makes it useless!

I would welcome any advice.

(I am using ActiveSync 3.8 and MS PocketPC v. 3.0. I have followed the instructions in ActiveSync troubleshooting to no avail. The PC has been rebooted several times as has the iPaq)

grey george 17:07 21 Jan 05

you could try a hard reset of the ipaq and re-restore it again, as long as you have backed up any data you don't wish to lose.

anchor 10:08 22 Jan 05

I would think that the suggestion given by grey george "should" work OK.

Kate B 12:32 22 Jan 05

You might need to flash it - which might also give you an upgrade to the operating system. I'm afraid you'll probably lose data, though most of it should be reasonably safely held within Outlook.

try here and search for your model:

click here

And to deter your pussycat from stomping on the keyboard, have a look at this:

click here

haven't tried it myself as mine mostly stays off the keyboard (she'd rather sit on the lid of the closed laptop) but it might be worth looking at if yours is keen on "helping"

Another Jo 13:20 22 Jan 05

Thanks to all of you - I shall try out your suggestions, including Kate B's second click - what will they think of next!

Kate B 16:44 22 Jan 05

Let me know how you get on with Pawsense!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…