iPAQ 2210 connection to internet

Gappy1 11:22 14 Mar 04

Can anyone help me please....recently bought an iPAQ with Pocket Windows 2003. It connected no problem with my PC via the USB cradle. Then I downloaded 'Journal Bar' but it does not receive any updates (news/weather etc). In fact it wont connect to any sites, showing the message "Page cannot be found".
I've programmed in the ISP telephone number (I'm on Blueyonder) and the 2 arrows at the top of the iPAQ screen seem to indicate that a link is established but still nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

ton 12:03 14 Mar 04

I did try Journal Bar on my 2210 and it did work ok, but when the trial time ran out I removed it.

I seem to remember having to click somewhere next to the weather icons to get it to download. Also is Active Sync set to synchronize with Journal Bar?

I then realized I already had a program that could download news etc.
It came free with the Ipaq. The program is called Avantgo and, apart from the fancy weather icons in Journal Bar, it is much better than Journal Bar
It certainly can download more stuff to read.

A smal free program that I've found to be very good and useful is ActiveSync Toggle. With this, ActiveSync doesn't have to be enabled all the time, you can switch it on and off.

Gappy1 12:59 14 Mar 04

Thanks Ton - yes ActiveSync is enabled with Journal.
I dont have any weather icons on the screen to click next to!
When I put it in the cradle the 'e' flashes in Journal bar section...does this mean its connected or connecting?
And the 2 arrows at the top of the iPAQ screen facing different directions...does this mean it has established a link with the net??

Cheers fo your help

ton 15:15 14 Mar 04

I tried to put Journal Bar back on so I could give more info, but as the trial had expired it wouldn't work (I don't want to buy it).

It sounds to me as if it is not installed properly as I'm sure that when I installed it the Weather icons appeared right away.

If you click here there is a journal bar forum.

Gappy1 20:05 14 Mar 04

Cheers for that link...I've e-mailed them direct as other people seem to be having same problem.

One last question for you though...did you have to set up your iPAQ manually for viewing internet or did it do it automatically?

Cheers

ton 20:35 14 Mar 04

I've only used it for the Journal Bar pages and the Avantgo pages, both programs did the settings.

ton 20:51 14 Mar 04

I thought I would mention Avantgo again as it is free and you get a choice of about 100 sites to download, including BBC news and sport, Guardian, Reuters, TV guide etc. etc. You just open IE to see your downloaded pages.

I've used it for a couple of months and it always downloads and works well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…