Ip blocker for vista needed

trist 17:28 05 Dec 07

Is there a good IP blocker for vista? i have looked but i cant find one. I used to use PeerGuardian 2 with XP, but now i have a vista laptop and can't find one anywhere.

Technotiger 17:30 05 Dec 07

You might find something here ...

click here

trist 13:00 09 Dec 07

yeah thanks for that, but i was kinda hoping there might be a free use one somewhere? any clues?

Technotiger 13:04 09 Dec 07
  anskyber 13:08 09 Dec 07

Does it work in Vista?

Technotiger 13:09 09 Dec 07

Sorry, I have no idea, I have not looked at it deeply - but I think it is fairly recent, so Vista compatibility is quite possible, just give it a try.

Stonechatz 14:41 09 Dec 07
  Jerman 21:36 17 Aug 08

This is the answer for Vista 32/64bit IP Blocker. But it is not free.

click here

FatboySlim71 23:02 17 Aug 08

I can remember reading that none of these so called IP blockers really truly block your IP address, I don't know how much truth there is in it.

I suppose the Police or similar would always be able to obtain your IP address if they were investigating you.

gamerdude 00:53 20 Aug 08

And IP blocker is not made to block your IP address, it is made to stop specific IPs from connecting to your computer. Hence the name "IP Blocker", it blocks connections based on the IP of the client (computer connecting to you). It can also block only certain protocols (e.g. HTTP, FTP, UDP, TCP).

harrodski11 21:46 09 Feb 09

I have been using "hide my ip" for about a year now on my Vista. It works for all main protocols (HTTPS, FTP, SSH, etc..) If you dont need it working with ICR/spam software, this is a pretty nice program. Not free, but its worth the cost. Last mnth they came out with the 2009 edition, which I promptly tested on windows 7, seems to work fine.

I also reccomend the tool "hide ip" which I have used in the past, not as many features, but it is cheaper and does the job.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…