IP Adress Problems

PUNKA 21:46 11 Jun 05

Hi helpers bro in law has upgraded to XP Pro and has had problems, culminating in him doing a complete restore, before calling me for help.I have managed to get the laptop up and running but his wireless set-up is all to cock and I have tried to get it connected. I have managed to get the router talking to the laptop but both the IP Adresses on both puters are missing thus we cannot connect to the Net. I have tried to reinstall the router software to completely re-establish the connection and obtain IP Adressess but this is where I am stuck. Any thoughts or Ideas are welcome as I am becoming distracted by a bottle of scotch.:)lol.

Taff36 22:05 11 Jun 05

What make & Model of router is it?

Taff36 22:08 11 Jun 05

Hang on...how many computers are there. (Not bottles of scotch! If you see two of them you`ve just finished the only bottle) Wireless connection or ethernet connection to the router and between computers?

PUNKA 23:04 11 Jun 05

Problem solved,after a little in depth problem solving,we found that the only part we got wrong was inserting the wireless card BEFORE we installed the drivers.This created a conflict which prevented us from logging on.Thanks for your quick response tho:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…