IP Addressing

Can anyone point me to a site that explains in simple terms all I would need to know about IP addressing as a home user. I am thinking about setting up a wireless network at home but, am beginning to get frightened off by IP this & MAC that etc.

Thank you in advance

VoG II 21:20 01 Dec 05

MAC address click here

Your IP address will be assigned by your ISP but you can find it of you click here

007al 22:47 01 Dec 05

dont get too worried. the disc for the router you buy should have simple to follow instructions and most discs do most of the brain work for you

palinka 17:56 02 Dec 05

I was terrified too until I bit the bullet and did it! it's actually very easy. Ideally you need a modem router, and each PC, whether laptop or desktop, needs a wireless "card" in it. The router will come with an installation disk and you just do what it says - mostly the disk will do the set-up for you, so the IP/Mac business is irrelevant.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…