IP Addresses in Hosts File re Spybot and NIS2008

frostysnowman 09:56 04 Aug 08

I have just installed NIS2008 and would appreciate any advice regarding NIS Security Inspector.
I ran the Security Inspector and it told me that I had a vulnerability with my IP Addresses. On pressing the 'more details' link the message that came up was 'The IP Addresses in your Windows Hosts file have been redirected. Select an action for the Hosts file and then click OK'. There are 2 actions, either 'Fix' or 'No Action'. If I press 'Fix' I get the message 'succeeded'. I have noticed however that when I do this my Hosts file is emptied of everything that Spybot Search and Destroy has put in. If I add the IP addresses again from Spybot I get the same vulnerability again in NIS2008. I also have A2free and Spyware Blaster on my PC and wonder if these are also affected by NIS2008 Security Inspector with regards to the IP Addresses vulnerability. I am confused as to whether to keep the IP Addresses that Spybot puts in the Hosts file or delete them as NIS2008 Security Inspector is advising. Any advice appreciated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…