IP Address Problem

bgrave 15:19 14 Jun 08

My Acer Aspire Lap Top (XP) has suddenly stopped being able to access the the Router /internet. when I try to connect via Wireless Network Copnnection the signal strength looks ok but all I get is " Acquiring network Address, I have tried "Repair" but once it gets to Renewing IP Address nothing happens. A week or so ago I downloaded XP Service 3 and I am wondering if this has done something.
BJG

Switcher 15:32 14 Jun 08

you could try switching off your firewall and if you then connect the firewall settings could be the peoblem.

recap 15:36 14 Jun 08

I had a similar problem with a Vista laptop and found that for some reason the WAP settings had changed to WEP and wouldn't connect. I ended up manually setting the wirless connection instead of using the Wireless Wizard.

bgrave 17:39 14 Jun 08

How do you set it up manually.

Switcher 18:08 14 Jun 08

Connect to router by cable. enter click here to connect to router configuration page. There will be a section allowing you to set up the wireless LAN. Use a WAP password and if possible put the laptop mac address into the section which restricts access ony to predefined mac addresses. On the laptop use the wireless nework wizard and use the same WAP password

Switcher 18:11 14 Jun 08

Sorry should of course be WPA/psk password

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…