ip address in peer to peer network

Nessie 08:57 28 Feb 04

I have set up a peer to peer network between my pc and laptop. I have zonealarm on the pc which is the host and have all the ip address in the trusted area so that the laptop can access the printer and the internet. Then I went and put zonealarm on the laptop and the pc would not allow access. When I looked at the alerts section a new ip address with all the same digits except the last 2 had appeared. I presume this was because zonealarm was now on the laptop. Have put new ip address in trusted section of zonealarm on the host pc and all is well again. Am I right that it is zonealarm and if so why. Also apart from the printer, another pc and the internet is there anything else you can network ie scanner etc. Thanks for your help.

anon1 09:44 28 Feb 04

When you say a peer to peer network do you mean a home network sharing the internet connection? or do you mean just a network at home. I get the feeling that you do not fully understand the term as peer to peer networking is similar to the likes of kazaa where other users can access your computer. If you are sharing the internet through one computer then you need only have za on the computer that connects to the internet as the other one will share za. Therefore remove za from the second pc unless it has stand alone internet connection. If you are using a broadband router then you dont need za at all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…