ip address with a netgear DG834G wireless router!!

matt1234 08:22 22 Dec 04

hi

Im doing alot of work with running my own servers for Americas Army (the game), till recently i bought this router (to replace a crapy usb modem).

Now my ip seems to be masked by this 192.0.0.3 and now nobody seems to be able to find my server unless i use my usb modem again that isnt as quick as my router. ive opened all my ports for the server to avail. is their anyway of setting the router up so my ip's are used and not this 192.0.0.3?

my is'p is AOL

thankz
matt

P.S.dont hesitate to contact me if you need more info!!!

georgemac 09:32 22 Dec 04

but it looks like the routers firewall is just doing it's job and not letting anyone through to your server - I have the same router so I'll dive in and have a look at the settings and see what I can find

georgemac 09:41 22 Dec 04

click here in the web browser address bar

I cannot see any option to turn the firewall off but under the firewall settings you can create rules for inbound traffic to allow it - again I don't know what type of rule you would have to create but this is a quote from the netgear site

"NAT shares a single-user single-IP-address Internet account among more than one computer on your local network. Only the single IP assigned to the router is visible from the Internet. Unless the router is configured to forward incoming traffic to a particular computer (with port forwarding or a DMZ), local computers are not reachable from the Internet, making them more secure." so you may have to set up port forwarding

you could try calling netgear tech support click here or by email [email protected]

toni b 09:48 22 Dec 04

Have looked here??? click here is the link for the correctset up with examples click here

It has all the relevant information you may need
hope it helps

Happy Christmas

Toni

matt1234 11:04 22 Dec 04

thankz people for the help ive contact netgear about this anymore help would be greatful!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…