IP Address Conflict

Kilty 09:13 22 Jun 09

I am trying to extend my wireless network using 2 belkin range extenders. At various times I get an IP conflict message on one or all of the attached machines.

Could this be due to using 2 identica range extenders, and if so, is there a way of stopping this from happening (i.e. somehow changing the IP address that they are assigning)?

Thanks in advance for any help given.

mgmcc 11:40 22 Jun 09

You need to ensure that each device in your network has a *UNIQUE* IP address. Therefore, if the two range extenders have the same default IP address, one of them will need to be changed. If you also have a Belkin Router, its address will be 192.168.2.1 so all devices need to be in the same 192.168.2.x range. If using a different make of router, all devices need to be in the correct Subnet (IP address range) for that router.

If you are using a Belkin Router, I'd be inclined to set its DHCP pool (the range from which it allocates IP addresses) from 192.168.2.2 to 192.168.2.20 and then allocate fixed addresses outside the pool to the range extenders. Use addresses such as 192.168.2.30 and 192.168.2.35 with Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5