IP Address

Boghound 08:25 12 Jul 09

What can cause an IP address to keep dropping?..Could it be ISP, Modem, Network Card or PC config or just those pesky Gremlins?

octal 08:37 12 Jul 09

When you say dropping, does it change every time when it returns? If that's the case then I would suspect the ISP.

Taff™ 08:47 12 Jul 09

What are we talking about here? The main IP address from the ISP or a Local Network address from the router? (192.168.x.x) Can you explain what`s happening.

Boghound 08:52 12 Jul 09

Not checked but I don't think so.....But will take a note of it and check next time it happens!

Boghound 08:53 12 Jul 09

Taff

main ADSL IP

bremner 09:53 12 Jul 09

This will be a fault at the exchange, on the line or with the modem I would think. You should speak to your ISP and they will get the line checked.

At work we have had this exact issue and BT found the fault was with a poorly configured upgrade at the exchange.

Taff™ 13:29 12 Jul 09

Does unplugging the router, waiting a few minutes and then powering it again regain the line? If so I suggest you follow bremner`s advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…