IP Address

HaniM 20:46 26 Oct 04

Hi Folks,

Something seems to be driving my IP Address up by one everytime I log on to my computer. Are there any programmes out there that could be used to identify what programme or device that is using an IP Address.
Thanks.

VoG II 20:50 26 Oct 04

Your internet service provider assigns your ISP address automatically. There is not a lot you can do about that.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:52 26 Oct 04

Your IP address changes each time you log on (dynamic). Generally, for home users, it is not fixed nor does it need to be unless you are using your computer as a server. If you have a static IP (Internet Protocol) address, this number will stay the same each time you visit. If you have a dynamic IP, the number will change each time you log on to the internet (or your ISP assigns a new IP).

G

HaniM 11:21 30 Oct 04

I should have explained that I have a wireless network in the house and normally the IP address is the same for each of my computers. However, one of the computers keeps on getting a new IP address everytime I switch it on. Something is driving the IP up. Any ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…