ip address

¤LØLLͤ 21:29 18 Oct 03

can anyone tell me how i can hide my ip address as it was sent via email some how as i dont know much about the ip address could someone help plzzzzzzzz

hugh-265156 22:11 18 Oct 03

do you have a firewall?

have a read click here and run the tests.

¤LØLLͤ 22:14 18 Oct 03

yes huggy i do have a firewall why?

hugh-265156 22:24 18 Oct 03

somebody more knowledgable will explain it no doubt.i dont think there is anything to worry about with your ip address being broadcast,think its normal.

if you have a good firewall you should be ok.

hugh-265156 22:26 18 Oct 03

click here might explain it a bit.

Jack D 22:32 18 Oct 03

If you hide your IP address You will become invisible, now you don't want that, surely.

Jester2K II 22:32 18 Oct 03

You IP Address is broadcast every time you do anything on the Internet.

Unless you are doing something seriously wrong you have no reason to hide it and no reason to fear its broadcast.

¤LØLLͤ 22:38 18 Oct 03

ummmmm ys jack i do want that but alas i dont know how to do it lol

and im a good girl jester i dont do anything wrong on the net, its just my friend said taht as i had forward an email to her that my ip came up so if it doenst matter if its hidden or not why am i worried i ask myself lol

the lone cloner 22:46 18 Oct 03

if your are dial up your ip address alters every dialup if you are broadband it stays static as far as i know.mine certainly changes every dialup,it's not a problem if you are behind a decent firewall.

¤LØLLͤ 22:58 18 Oct 03

ok guys thanks for the advise appreciate it

User-312386 01:11 19 Oct 03

With Dial-up connection every time you re-log in your IP address changes

Broadband your IP address is static until your ISP changes it. This normally happens about 1-2 weeks

If you try and mask your IP address then in my opinion you have something to hide.

By the way you did not get an e-mail saying that your IP address was not hidden did you?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac