ION vinyl-to-MP3 converter setup crisis

firegamp 13:48 25 Jan 09

My problem device is an ION USB turntable (ION TTUSB05XL). Looking forward to archiving all my 33rpm and 45rpm discs, I read the instruction book carefully.
I think my mistake might involve the connections.
I used the provided USB cable to connect the ION deck to a spare socket on my D-Link hub.
Two Creative Speakers are connected to my XP Pro Pc. Because my home stereo is too far away, I connected the L and R RCA audio output plugs from the ION deck to the Line In sockets on a mains-powered Sony Cassette Recorder TC-525.
From the ION CD, I installed the EZ Vinyl Converter and i-Tunes.
Transferring disc signal to computer went wrong from the start. No sound. No movement of the audio meters. Nothing there when I switched to the i-Tunes screen. To coin a cliche phrase...help please!

beeuuem 14:42 25 Jan 09

The manual suggests unplugging and reconnecting the USB connection and restarting the EZ Vinyl Converter
More likely to help is the suggestion to use a different USB port and/or cable. It may be that the connection needs to be to a direct USB port rather than through the D-Link hub.

crosstrainer 14:53 26 Jan 09

The turntable requires a DIRECT connection to the PC.

Uninstall all the software.

Connect the turntable to a USB port on your PC.

Re-install as per instructions.

When connecting the RCA jacks check volume control settings to ensure that the "Mute" option is unticked on the lin in(s) you are using for sound.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…