Iomegaware Installation problem

BAC1-11 21:17 01 Nov 04

Im am trying to install the Iomega S/ware for a Zip drive but the installation process stops after the licence agreement with the message the I need administrator rights to install.

I am running XP Home and as it's my PC I am logged on as the Computer Administrator. The Iomega Helpdesk think that I have a policy setting that is stopping the installation. Any ideas?

I can't use the XP drivers as the Zip disks are p/word protected and XP doesn't offer me the p/word option

VoG II 21:19 01 Nov 04

If you start in Safe Mode click here you should see Administrator as well as your account on the Welcome Screen. Log on as Administrator and see if it will install.

BAC1-11 21:21 01 Nov 04

Thanks VoG, but I tried that with the same result

brambles 21:41 01 Nov 04

I had some problems with my zip drive which was installed by Dell. I found by downloading the software from the Iomega web site I had a much better & more sophisticated package than what was installed on the new machine. Worth a try?

Brambles

BAC1-11 22:09 01 Nov 04

Thanks, but the s/ware I'm trying install came from the Iomega site

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…