Iomega Zip 650 CD re-writer

Janet-201707 10:04 25 Apr 04

Morning all

Having probs with above re-writer. Recently lost over a years digital images that were on a back-up disc, for reasons unknown. It has just happened again with another disc I started last week. I did all the required tasks to get the disc going, saved one new folder of images to disc, went into My Computer to check that the files had downloaded. PC locked up, and the only way I could unlock was to pull the plug out of the socket for the CD writer so that I could shut down and re-boot. Now this disc is not working, fortunately the pics are still on the harddrive. Anyone any ideas? It is very important that a solution is found for this as we are off on a 'once in a lifetime' trip to the US in June and the last thing I want is to lose the photo's we will take. Is it possible to use other software for CD writing or do I have to stick with this one, which is not that user friendly. I get the impression too, that Iomega is now Roxio. I have had this re-writer for about 3 years and no doubt I am in need of an update.

Thanks for any help offered.

Diodorus Siculus 10:39 25 Apr 04

Given that you can buy a top quiality CD writer for under £30 nowadays, it might be the best solution for you. They are simple to install and generally come with a copy of Nero similar burning software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…