Iomega external hard drives

hoverman 16:51 12 Oct 03

I am considering buying one these drives (60Gb)for back-up purposes and would appreciate any advice or comments about their reliability, ease of set-up etc. I do not see any sense in partitioning my present internal HD for backing up since this would be self-defeating should the drive ever fail.

Icky 18:14 12 Oct 03

I've had an Iomega 120Gb external hard drive for several months and use it to back up the whole of my internal hard drive using Drive Image 7.
The hard drive just plugs into the firewire port and works perfectly. USB versions are also available.

hoverman 19:49 12 Oct 03

Many thanks. I think I will go for the Iomega drive drive. One further question, and please excuse me for being a bit dense: if you back up the whole drive which fails some time later, is Windows XP activation affected if you then transfer the back-up to a new HD?

Icky 20:29 12 Oct 03

No, as far as Drive Image is concerned it makes an exact image of the internal hard drive.
click here

Icky 20:31 12 Oct 03

I think that the Iomega external hard drives now come with the Norton Ghost backup software.

hoverman 20:38 12 Oct 03

Thanks again. You have been very helpful.

Rhodie 23:07 30 Dec 03

I am also considering purchasing Iomega 80 GB USB2 external drive.
My computer has 2 USB ports - one linked to a 4 port usb hub.
As I don't have USB 2 card will I need to purchase one?
Storage hardrive/interface type states Hi-speed USB
in specification it states: interfaces - 1 X Hi-speed USB-4 pin USB Type A
Cables included - 1 X USB cable

adviseclive 23:42 30 Dec 03

Suggest you open a new subject for your question as this one has been resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…