IObit,is it any good

iqs 20:10 20 Dec 08

Hi,
I have been looking at the various software available which would make XP run a lot smother.

I use the Win tools,defrag,chkdsk and registry mechanic.

IObit has received a lot of good feedback on Download.com,but have you used it,or can you suggest an alternative please.

Thank you

johnnyrocker 20:14 20 Dec 08

i use it with no problems

johnny,

Stuartli 20:38 20 Dec 08

I presume you mean the IOBit defrag utility?

I used it for quite some time, but found that Auslogics Disk Defrag is even better:

click here (as with IOBit, it's freeware).

GaT7 01:41 21 Dec 08

I think the free JKDefrag is the best defragmenter of the lot click here - also see the 'Tips' after the screenshot a little lower down. G

tullie 01:59 21 Dec 08

Which iobits software do you mean,there are a few?

March Hare 08:47 21 Dec 08

I like JKDefrag too. I've set it to defrag once a week in XP Scheduled Tasks, and it runs with no input from me (as long as the PC is switched on at the time).

iqs 10:11 21 Dec 08

Hi,and thanks for the help,sorry I meant
Advanced SystemCare Free 3.1.0
Cheers

sunnystaines 10:38 21 Dec 08

I have used some of IObit for ages and impressed.

what I avoid are iobit defrag use JK Defrag its much better.

also in ASC 3.1.0. avoid reg defrag, driver update,inbuilt defrag, and the new software updater they are problematic the other featureas I am pleased with.

birdface 10:54 21 Dec 08

Some like it some don't.No doubt it is a lot better since I last used it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…