Iobit AWC2 database update 21/1/08

sunny staines 00:47 23 Jan 08

update via status button within the program

johndrew 15:58 23 Jan 08

Maybe I`m just thick, but when I select `Options/Update` in AWC2 it takes me here click here and if I select `Download` it takes me here click here, so how do I upgrade the database?

sunny staines 16:05 23 Jan 08

johndrew

open awc2 at the bottom of the screen click on the "status" button - half way up the screen on the right side click on "update now" - then click "next" to the database downloads they get updated roughly every 7-10 days.

no point in scanning unless you keep the database upto date.

hope this helps if not post back.

johndrew 09:54 24 Jan 08

Thanks for coming back.

I think my problem is that I am using the `Free` version as I can only get to the `Update` point in one of two ways - either right click the icon in the right side toolbar and select `Update` or select `Options` and then `Update`. I can find no `Update now` selection anywhere.

When I select `Update` the `Auto Update` box opens and if I select `Next` it tells me there is an update and provides a `Start Download` button. If I select this it takes me to click here and my problem is still there.

In the past, selecting the update has automatically updated the program but this appear to no longer occur. Suggestions?

hiwatt 10:43 24 Jan 08

I am also on the free version and I update the way sunny staines described.

hiwatt 10:45 24 Jan 08

Are you not choosing "upgrade"?If you click on "upgrade" it takes you to the link you provided.

johnnyrocker 10:46 24 Jan 08

me too.

johnny

sunny staines 12:11 24 Jan 08

I use the free version I think your clicking on the wrong update somehow.

johndrew 16:44 24 Jan 08

There is only one `Update` button I can find and that is under `Options` with the AWC2 window open or just beneath `News Center` if I right click the icon in the right hand toolbar.

At the top right of the AWC2 window are three selections, `Restore Center`, `Tools` and `Options`. The `Update` selection is the third item down in the drop down list under `Options`.

The `Upgrade Now` banner is to the lower left of the AWC2 window.

hiwatt 16:48 24 Jan 08

Down the bottom beside the "scan" button have you got a "status" button?If you click on that you should see the "update now" beside the database.

johndrew 16:50 24 Jan 08

A thought. Are we all talking about V. 2.50.?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced