Iobit and avg

hiwatt 12:52 04 Feb 08

Hi folks,has anyone tried the free avg products that come with advanced windows care?You get the profesional avg anti virus and anti spyware for 90 days.I downloaded the anti spyware but it's only giving me the same as the free version.No real time protection.When I update it the square in the task bar remains black and white?

Technotiger 12:55 04 Feb 08

The black and white icon means that the Virus database in AVG Anti-virus needs updating - right-click on the Icon and then on Check for Updates.

Legolas 13:05 04 Feb 08

Sometimes you need to do a scan before a Virus checker is fully functional I cant remember if AVG is of that ilk. Try doing a scan and see if it works

hiwatt 13:17 04 Feb 08

It's fully updated.I had in the past(over a year ago)a trial of the antispyware.Could it be that once you've had it you can't get again maybe?

Technotiger 13:21 04 Feb 08

Could it be that once you've had it you can't get again maybe?

I would guess that Yes, that is the case. I would un-install the antispyware and just keep the AVG.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…