Iobit Advanced system care Genuine?

justkevin 11:03 29 Jun 09

Is this genuine as it always finds loads of files as junk and also privacy invasions,even after a few minutes online

T I M B O 11:15 29 Jun 09

Not one that i have used. Is Ccleaner not doing the job for you?

If you need Ccleaner >>click here

Fingees 11:22 29 Jun 09

I use it occasionally, it works ok.

Make sure you untick yahoo toolbar when installing, unless you want it.
I always start it by clicking on care, then it gices a full scan, and repairs.

It does however usually inform you that yo still have 100s of other problems left, to encourage you to upgrade to a paid version.

However as it appearts to repair all on its scans, i just put up with the free version.

rawprawn 13:12 29 Jun 09

It's good, all it is doing is clearing out temp files and other junk.
I find it an excellent program.

Belatucadrus 15:17 29 Jun 09

It's a reasonable freebie, the only problem I have with it is the ridiculous performance claims Iobit make for it :-
"improves both system and Internet performance by up to 400%."
Not very likely. But as long as you take the claims with a very large pinch of salt it's OK.

T I M B O 15:34 29 Jun 09

Thats a big lump of salt !! lol

cocteau48 15:35 29 Jun 09

I have the Pro version on a six month freebie and ,having used the free version before that, can honestly say that I detect no difference whatsoever between it cleaning up the 30 odd errors which the free version found and the 130 odd errors which the pro version detects.

Belatucadrus is also quite right in saying that their internet performance improvement claims are waaay! over the top.

I will,however,revert to the free version when my freebie Pro expires.

sunnystaines 15:53 29 Jun 09

as cocteau48 says keep with the free one

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…