I/O problem

First Bass 19:05 01 Dec 08

Help! I am running XP Home and have had an error message "The specified I/O operation on\Device\Harddisk1\DR2 was not completed before the time out period expired". I checked the Microsoft help and Support pages, and as suggested ran chkdsk but no error report was issued. The MS support pages suggested checking Office entries, but I am not running Microsoft Office, so that is not the problem. I ran RegCure but that hasn't cured it. I have had a number of strange error messages (posted earlier)since installing HP Photosmart D7360, including the odd repeated demand to complete installation of PhotoGallery - part cured by inserting the HP CDRom. There is also a "ghost" F:\ drive listed on this machine as a removable disk, which under the Computer Management settings is tagged as an HP USB device.
Perhaps this is meant to be used by the HP printer's cardreader, and is giving the above I/O error?

Technotiger 19:16 01 Dec 08

The printers' card reader will show up as a Drive, but normally only when the printer is switched on - switch off the printer and see if Drive F: still appears in My Computer.

Perhaps a System Restore back to before the strange messages appeared, might cure it.

Technotiger 19:16 01 Dec 08

The printers' card reader will show up as a Drive, but normally only when the printer is switched on - switch off the printer and see if Drive F: still appears in My Computer.

Perhaps a System Restore back to before the strange messages appeared, might cure it.

Technotiger 19:17 01 Dec 08

Ooops, accidentally clicked twice!

First Bass 22:04 01 Dec 08

Hiya Technotiger. The drive F: entry is present on My Computer with the printer switched off. Strange! I'm a bit reluctant to go back too far with System Restore, but that might be best......

Technotiger 22:14 01 Dec 08

System Restores can be undone.

First Bass 01:24 02 Dec 08

Just checked system restore, and there's only one restore point there (From yesterday). I have kept this option on for as long as I can remember - think I'll call in Mulder and Scully, this shouldn't be happening!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…