Invisible Partition / No modem driver

JBX22 16:09 03 Mar 07

Thanks to help I got here, I managed to replace the HD on my friens machine and reinstall XP. I have two problems:

I partitioned the disc and set aside 75Gb for progs. XP formatted this, but not the rest. So now it is unformatted, has no drive letter and windows can't see it. CAn I fix this (if it is invisible) or do I need to reformat whole drive and use Partition magic?

Also she has a modem (56k) but no modem driver. So I can't connect her to the web. I've takn it out but there are no manufacturers details. is there somewhere I can down load a genric driver>

Thanks in advance
JBX22

brundle 16:13 03 Mar 07

Try a free program; click here

Check the numbers on the chips and do a google search or look for FCC-ID and enter it here; click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:17 03 Mar 07

My computer - rightclick - manage - storage - dis kmanagement.

Click on the drive and it will show unallocated space, just right click partion and format as required.

JBX22 03:06 06 Mar 07

Dear All,

Thanks to the help received here I managed to follow Fruit Bat's instructions to find and format the missing space.

Also modem now installed and working.

Thanks again guys,
JBX

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…