Invisible Agnitum Firewall

Alan Ryan 13:24 31 May 04

I've been using the free version of Agnitum Outpost for a few months. I uninstalled it in order to try the Pro version on a month's trial.
This won't install because it detects a previous version still present and asks me to exit this from the system tray. There is no icon on the system tray and I can't find any fragments that I can delete manually. Any suggestions please ?

Curio 14:43 31 May 04

Visit the homepage click here
and check their help/support lines

Alan Ryan 15:09 31 May 04

Thanks: been there and followed the instructions for clearing the registry, but still cannot get the installation to proceed.

Valvegrid 15:37 31 May 04

How did you uninstall it? If you didn't use the add/remove in control panel, try reinstalling it and removing it from control panel instead, sorry if you've tried that.

Alan Ryan 15:52 31 May 04

Thanks: Yes I've tried that several times. I keep getting an Error Message Code 0000422 which I haven't been able to make sense of.

Valvegrid 15:56 31 May 04

When do you get this code and can you post the exact wording. Also it may be useful to know what Operating System you are using.

Alan Ryan 16:21 31 May 04

This error code pops up on screen after I've been through all the steps of installation and click "Finish": I made a note only of the Error Code number before clearing everything out root and branch (in the Registry). I'm using XP Home.
Thanks for your interest.

Alan Ryan 16:22 31 May 04

Very sorry - got your name wrong again !

flying grouse 16:24 31 May 04

start PC in "safe mode" and install the free outpost and then try removing again............

Alan Ryan 17:59 31 May 04

Tried that and still no go. I've abandoned the job and installed Zone Alarm instead. Hope this proves to be a wise move. Thanks for your advice.

Valvegrid 18:07 31 May 04

ZA, that's a shame, I was going to suggest Sygate. I've been using it for about a week now and it's as configurable as Outpost, I think you would have liked it especially as you are used to Outpost.

Good luck anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…