Invisble menus and other stories..

madzad 12:52 21 Jan 04

Hi
I have bought a new computer, which is running XP home.. but its started to display invisible menus, like when cutting and pasting (no matter how small) when I click the right mouse button it comes up with what i could only descibe as an invisible menu which I can only tell whats in it when I take cursor over it.. my speeds are slower too.. typing this its like it some times doesnt catch up with me.. Ive tested for all viruses inc: beagle, but Im clean.. help pls.

Steve UK

VoG II 22:11 21 Jan 04

bump + click here

skeletal 22:46 21 Jan 04

This is a puzzle, but one thought is that there are too many fancy visual options going on. Try turning them all off by going to: Control panel/system/advanced. In the performance box click the setting button. See what is ticked there and make a note of them all (if you are concerned to get back to the same visual effects) and click "adjust for best performance". Then Apply.

See what happens, but no promises on this one at all!

Skeletal

madzad 10:29 22 Jan 04

Thanks Skeletal... I have been and changed the setting to best performance as everything was ticked!This may well be the answer, as I have had problems with the contrast on my flat screen monitor and other problems visual.

Vog.. I folowed the link and nothing happened..

Thanks guys, I shall see what happens and reply laters to tell you if its resolved.

Thanks millions

Steve

Big Elf 13:41 22 Jan 04

No harm in doing the following:

Download Update and run the following

Spybot click here

AdAware click here

SpywareBlaster click here

This site has a lot of useful information click here

madzad 11:11 23 Jan 04

I already have those on board, but thanks anyway. The problem seems to have stopped but my system is doing other new things now, so I think its time to reformat and if that doesnt fix it, its back in its box and back to Dixons in hurry!

Thanks guys for all your help...

Cheers

Steve UK

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…