invisable icons

bugzy-no1 22:16 01 Jun 04

hi this is on a frends pc; on it at startup it dose not open the active desktop,but if you right click and open it from backgrond properties it works opining my computer you see his a;c;d;e drive and control panal but when you open controal panel it is white no icons you can see the icons if you open from start menue
also opining his c drive it was the same ----------tryed view settings tools ie larg small list but nout any iders how to rectifiy this problem.
its terible to try and fix or find things its win me op sist

THE TERMINATOR 23:41 01 Jun 04

what os?

VoG II 23:47 01 Jun 04

and problem in English please

woodchip 23:48 01 Jun 04

If you have a full XP disc put it in then in the run box type SFC /SCANNOW and enter key

THE TERMINATOR 23:56 01 Jun 04

Try a system restore from an earlier time, and see if this does the trick.

woodchip 23:57 01 Jun 04

So it's WinME so SFC will not Work cos it ain't there

VoG II 00:02 02 Jun 04

If necessary go into the BIOS and change the boot order to CDROM first.

Bung the Windows CD in the drive, restart the computer and let it do an over the top installation of Windows.

bugzy-no1 15:45 02 Jun 04

ill try to give it a over install for him and hope that it sorts itself out ,os = me
and yes i am a terrible speller, try my shopping lol it is more a bug than enything ,i checked for viruses none ::(t,f) swery word::

and thanks guys for your time to respond to my post ,hope oneday we can help you

bugzy-no1 21:31 02 Jun 04

i scrubed his hard drive and all is hunkiedorie
thanks all who responded

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…