inverted desktop

mickwarman 21:18 29 Jan 08

This concerns my neighbour really - but I was called in today to try to sort out his computer. He said he had had a book on the keyboard while he made a telephone call. When he returned to his computer the entire desktop was upside down. I tried all that I could think of - even down to restarting the computer but to no avail - it was still upside down when the desktop appeared. I am completely baffled as to what he did - can you help. He is running Windows XP Home.
Thanks -mick warman.

VoG II 21:22 29 Jan 08

If there is an icon for the graphics card in the notification area, right click it and there should be an option to rotate display.

Flying Teddy 21:24 29 Jan 08

Does his graphics driver have a 'rotate by 180 degrees' facility? The danger there is that you might get two wrongs making a right...

Otherwise I'm stumped.

Flying Teddy 21:25 29 Jan 08

D'oh!

Technotiger 21:28 29 Jan 08

Try Ctrl and up/down arrow. Or, check graphics settings.

Peter 01:45 30 Jan 08

On a Toshiba P200 laptop using the Alt-Gr + Right Arrow rotates the screen 90 degrees clockwise, Alt-Gr + Left Arrow rotates the screen 90 degrees anti-clockwise, Alt-Gr + Down Arrow inverts the screen and Alt-Gr + Up Arrow puts the screen back the correct way up.

Perhaps the Alt-Gr + Down Arrow key combination have been accidentally pressed. If this is the case the Alt-Gr + Up Arrow key combination should correct the problem.

Peter.

Peter 01:54 30 Jan 08

PS - the Alt-Gr key is the one just to the right of the Space Bar.

Peter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…