//some 3rd party need geo

Invaluable programs and software

PaulOwen 19:07 08 May 04

I am pretty new to computing so would you kind people suggest programs or software which you see would help me in my quest for trouble free computing!!

alan227 19:11 08 May 04

click here
Have a look at this site.

SANTOS7 19:18 08 May 04
  Hax 19:24 08 May 04

For informed opinions :

click here

Graham ® 19:27 08 May 04

A word of warning - on SANTOS7s site, do not download Kazaa. That is, if you want trouble free computing! In fact, don't download anything until you know what's what.

Diodorus Siculus 19:27 08 May 04

I think that you want more than simply to be able to download anything and everything...

Try pricelessware.org click here for some good stuff under various categories.

Mozilla Firefox and Becky mailer (rimarts.co.jp) are the two that I rely on mostly for internet; Office 2000 for my writing; Winamp for music; nero / EZBackup for backups; mailwasher to deal with spam; audacity for recording BBC radio to stick on in the car when I have a journey to make.

Otherwise I don't do too much with my PC...

SANTOS7 20:12 08 May 04

sorry graham did'nt mean to mislead i should have specified what would have been useful to trouble free computing, if there is such an animal!!!

TommyRed 20:47 08 May 04

Here's my two penneth for what it's worth, sweep your system with Spybot S & D 1.2 click here and Ad-Aware 6.0 click here once you've used these as per the instructions install SpywareBlaster to prevent nasties being installed in the first place click here these are all free but like your anti-virus you must update regular. I check for updates EVERY time I go online. HTH TR

alB 21:15 08 May 04

Along the same lines as TommyRed, get a good antivirus (AVG) and a firewall (Zone alarm)...alb

curlylad 21:24 08 May 04

You could do a lot worse than having a good look at this link by Belatucadrus
click here
If you dont understand or are unsure about any of the program links then dont download them, simply post back on here and someone will help you find exactly what you are looking for .

curlylad 21:26 08 May 04

D'oh !!!!! It does pay to read the complete thread , sorry you alredy fried that chicken !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…