Invalid video mode

geordiewal 20:42 25 Aug 03

I have just tried installing EA sports superbike 2001 on my computer OS is Win XP. When I try to run the program I get a "D3D Error message, Invalid video mode". I am also using direct draw 9.0. Could anyone advise if I can fix this, or is the software not compatable with XP. Cheers in advance for any replies.

Geordiewal.

jazzypop 22:27 25 Aug 03

Try setting your desktop colour depth to 16-bit (Control Panel > Display > Settings > Colour Depth).

If that does not work, right-click the icon for Superbike, select Properties, and try the various settings under compatability.

geordiewal 16:48 26 Aug 03

Changing the colour to 16 bit has resolved the invalid video mode, but it is now only running the introductory EA sports page and then nothing. I have tried the various compatability options but I still cant get the game to run.
Geordiewal.

jazzypop 21:45 26 Aug 03

Sorry, that was the limit of my knowledge - but I will at least bump you up to the top of the list by replying :)

Hopefully, you will be spotted by someone who knows a bit more about this game.

Don't forget that ea.com offers an email support service.

Ironman556 22:52 26 Aug 03

If you right click the shortcut that starts the game and select properties, then click find target, you can check which file starts the game and set it to compatibility mode. Try running different exe files in compatibility mode and see if that makes a difference, it may try to access another to enter the game.

In the compatibility mode you should also be able to set the game to run in different colour modes, if you've not done this already it saves you having to change the desktop colour settings each time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…