invalid systeem disc

COBBLER 15:52 16 Feb 04

when I install a disc andthen need o restart pc I get a message, "invald systeem disc press any key to continue"
I do this but the same message keeps appearing.

temp003 15:58 16 Feb 04

What "disc" is it? Floppy or CD, and what's on it? If the floppy or CD is not bootable, and you try to boot from it on restart, that's the message you will get.

ensonricky 16:12 16 Feb 04

Check your bios during boot and make sure your system is set to boot from Hard Disk before floppy or CD player if you do not wish to receive the stated message.

Indigo 1 16:16 16 Feb 04

The system is trying to boot up ie. load drivers in order to start windows from your disc drive.

Once you have installed a program you have to remove the disc from the drive before re-starting the PC.

temp003 16:16 16 Feb 04

Or remove CD/floppy when it's restarting, then reinsert it when you need to use it again.

If you mean a new hard disk, and the BIOS is set to boot from this hard disk, then the message is correct, because there's nothing on the hard disk, no boot partition, no operating system.

Tell us what you're trying to do and others can help you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…